2009-07-06

Testimonials to Michael

Statement from Alicia Keys

There is no one in the world like MJ! Never has been! NEVER will be! We all know him in one way or another. In some way he has touched us, been the voice of one of our sweetest memories. And what a wonderful, genuine, compassionate, soft spoken GIANT so full of LOVE. He gave us LOVE, excitement, one of–a-kind moments in a mundane world. I can't believe he won't be with us here on earth anymore. But long from now, when we are all dust, he will still NEVER be forgotten....To the best that ever did it! You are loved, admired and respected forever."

Statement from Whitney Houston

It is so hard to express in words what Michael Jackson meant to me. He was my friend. He was one of the reasons I got into the music business. He inspired me. He taught me. He laughed with me. He paved the way for African American artists to be played on MTV which was huge. My heart is full of grief for his family and his children and I pray that they take solace in the incredible legacy of his music and art.”

Statement from Mario

RIP to the king of pop and one of my biggest inspirations. Michael Jackson is the blueprint for what happens when you truly value your gift as a performer... I will forever be inspired by Michael’s music and more than that, his passion for the art!!”

Statement from David Cook

Artists like Michael Jackson come along once. He represented the idea that pop music can be more than just music. He showed it could be an agent of change and hope."

Statement from Britney Spears

I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!"

Statement from Chris Brown

Michael Jackson is the reason why I do music and why I am an entertainer. I am devastated by this great loss, and I will continue to be humbled and inspired by his legacy. My prayers are with his family. Michael will be deeply missed, but never forgotten. He's the greatest... the best ever. No one will ever be better."

Statement from R. Kelly
(wrote"You Are Not Alone")

I am truly saddened that my Mentor, Brother and Friend will no longer be with us physically. At the same time, I feel so blessed to have been touched by his Music, his Dance, his Lyrics, and his Pure Genius. It is because of Michael's yesterday that I am who I am today! My condolences to his family and friends around the world. Michael Jackson Rest in Peace and may your music and legacy forever reign on earth!"

Statement from Usher

This loss has deeply saddened me! It is with a heavy heart I composed this statement. May God cover you Michael. We all lift your name up in prayer. I pray for the entire JACKSON family particularly Michael's mother, children and all his fans that loved him so much. I would not be the artist, performer, and philanthropist I am today without the influence of Michael. I have great admiration and respect for Him and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to meet and perform with such a great entertainer, who in so many ways, transcended the culture. He broke barriers, he changed radio formats! With music, he made it possible for people like Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama to impact the mainstream world. His legacy is unparalleled. Michael Jackson will never be forgotten."

No comments: