2008-04-16

nothing

I want to do nothing.
Coz nothing is what I do
All day I want to laze about
Wouldn’t you like that too?


When I am done with my studies
And Mommy is not to be found
When my brother is at the neighbours
I just sit around.


Vacantly I look
At nothing in particular
Sometimes I flip through books
But nothing very curricular


Mom says I must learn
To play the guitar or violin
Dad says I must do ballet
Or at least go to the gym


Why can’t I just sit
And laze around all day
Eat some sticky candy
Instead of spinach and parsley.



There is no focus in my life
Nor aim , nor direction
No purpose or strife
Just aimless introspection


I like to wander within myself
And think of silly little things
You would never really guess
How much happiness that brings


So I guess you’ll would have
Got my message by now
Is it too difficult
To understand how


I wish to be left alone
No push and no shove
Do this and do that
Only a whole lot of love.


No comments: