2008-07-22

true friendship

Some people come, some people go,
And sometimes leave no mark to show
Where their life path crossed with mine,
No footprints on my sands of time.

Then there are some who stay awhile,
And share the good times with a smile,
But when the hard times come to call
They're nowhere to be found at all.

But there are some, I'm pleased to say,
Who never ever go away.
They are my friends who, from the start,
Have left an imprint on my heart.

And friends we'll be through thick and thin,
Because our friendship's born within
The confines of a loving heart,
Which makes it special from the start.

So here's to you my dear, dear friends,
We'll dance until the music ends,
Together facing what might be,
Your friendship truly honours me.

You give me courage, give me hope,
Your loving kindness helps me cope
With many of life's twists and turns,
As bright and clear your friendship burns.

I know that I am truly blessed,
Your friendship is my treasure chest,
My 'savings for a rainy day',
My joy, that in my life you stay

No comments: